Papa & Barkley’s “Declaration of Clean Cannabis” defines what consumers should look for in its cannabis and CBD products and invites the industry to join the movement for transparency and clean standards
EUREKA, Calif. – Jan. 8, 2020 – Papa & Barkley, the #1 California cannabis wellness company best known for its award-winning topicals and tinctures, released its Declaration of Clean Cannabis – a set of principles that define the rigorous steps that their products undergo from soil to shelf in order to produce clean cannabis wellness products with premium ingredients. As the cannabis industry is still evolving at the national level, Papa & Barkley has the opportunity to lead the industry by example, while also educating consumers on what to look for when researching and purchasing cannabis and CBD products.“We believe in clean cannabis as being at the core of what we do,” said Adam Grossman, Founder and CEO of Papa & Barkley. “Our mission is to unlock the potential of cannabis to improve people’s lives, and we are committed to sourcing clean cannabis and making great products using best-in-class production methods.”
The Declaration of Clean Cannabis includes five key principles:
1. Organic and regenerative farming practices – Choose trusted farm partners in the U.S. who use native soil, organic and regenerative farming practices when growing both cannabis and hemp plants.
2. Solventless – Avoid solvents and chemical extraction methods that yield isolates or distillates; employ a solventless whole plant infusion process that maintains the integrity of the plant and creates more effective products.
3. Whole plant infusion – By infusing the whole plant, it maintains the full spectrum of cannabinoids, terpenes, chlorophyll and valuable phytonutrients; naturally infused into products without the use of chemicals or adding terpenes.
4. Clean ingredients – Supporting ingredients such as carrier oils, essential oils and beeswax are clean, conscientiously sourced and made with no residual chemicals.
5. Triple-tested by third-party – To ensure the product is clean throughout the process from soil to shelf, its crucial to test the product at three stages – the input cannabis plant material, the infused oil and the final blended product.“We applaud Papa & Barkley for challenging others in the cannabis industry to assess their supply chain, self-regulate and triple test to provide clean cannabis products,” said Aaron Riley, President of CannaSafe. “Their principles for clean cannabis ensure product efficacy, and we’re proud to work with Papa & Barkley and be a part of the movement for leading the standard of clean in the cannabis industry.”To read the Declaration of Clean Cannabis and learn more about the principles of clean cannabis, visit: cleanhalo.com
ABOUT PAPA & BARKLEY
Papa & Barkley is the #1 California cannabis wellness brand (topicals and tinctures) that creates clean, highly effective, natural products that unlock the healing power of the plant. All products are made using a solventless, whole plant infusion process with sun-grown Cannabis Sativa. Cannabis for our California line is grown exclusively in the Emerald Triangle and produced in our licensed, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Eureka, California. Hemp (cannabis with less than 0.3% THC) for our national CBD line is grown in the United States.
Papa & Barkley is a team of scientists, caregivers and advocates who are committed to producing safe and reliable products using the whole plant. Our products are 100% solvent free and are offered in THC-rich, CBD-rich, and Hemp CBD formulas, to address a variety of conditions.