By: Cyrus Sepahbodi
Arthritis is an everyday occurance for my mother. She experiences pain in her hands, her wrists, and especially in her knees. For most of her life, and for most of mine, she has always had to be a strong woman. But over the years her condition has made her everyday life more difficult; simple tasks like making her dinner, taking a walk, or standing have become too arduous. That is, until she found the all-natural method of using CBD for pain relief to help her through her day.
Arthritis Pain Prevalence
- By conservative estimates, about 54 million adults have doctor-diagnosed arthritis.
- Almost 300,000 babies and children have arthritis or a rheumatic condition.
- The most common type of arthritis is osteoarthritis, which affects an estimated 31 million Americans.
- Number of people expected to have doctor-diagnosed arthritis by the year 2040: more than 78 million.
Arthritis is all around us, and my mother is only one example of how this condition can affect everyday life. Yet the condition’s impact on people and their families is far greater than most people realize. According to the Arthritis Foundation, arthritis is the leading cause of disability among adults in the U.S. The Arthritis Foundation also estimates that about 54 million adults have doctor-diagnosed arthritis.
But relief from the symptoms of arthritis pain is possible with CBD. The Arthritis Foundation, the nation’s largest arthritis advocacy group, just released “CBD Guidance for Adults with Arthritis” to offer guidance and help adults navigate the world of CBD rationally and responsibly.
CBD for Arthritis Pain & Inflammation
If you or someone you love experiences pain symptoms from arthritis it may be time to consider CBD for pain relief. CBD is one of over 100 known cannabinoids found in cannabis that acts on the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) within our bodies. The ECS has two main receptors, CB1 and CB2, and both regulate different systems of the body. Through these receptors, the ECS assists in regulating functions such as appetite, digestion, immune function, inflammation, mood, sleep, reproduction, memory and pain. By stimulating the ECS and binding to its receptors, CBD reduces pain sensations and decreases inflammation.
CBD Helps With Arthritis Pain Symptoms
Pain and inflammation are two of the primary symptoms of arthritis, and CBD can easily be incorporated it into your pain management routine. Because arthritis pain is usually localized to specific areas (hands, feet, back, etc.) a CBD topical, like Papa & Barkley’s pain balm or body oil, is a great way to start. By targeting your pain topically, CBD can help reduce inflammation and reduce the sensations of pain that are commonly associated with arthritis. If you need something more inclusive, a CBD tincture, such as Papa & Barkley’s CBD drops, can provide whole body relief by taking it sublingually (under the tongue).
Choose the Right CBD Product for Pain
There are many great natural remedies for arthritis such as physical therapy, meditation, or even acupuncture. But nothing compares with the ability of CBD to reduce pain and inflammation. The best part is that it is entirely natural and derived directly from cannabis. But it is important to choose your CBD with care because there are numerous snake oil products on the market. A great CBD product will be full spectrum and infused using the whole plant, like Papa & Barkley products. Be wary of CBD products that claim full spectrum but use processes that require solvents, like isolate and distillate CBD products, to extract the CBD. Papa & Barkley’s whole plant infusion process never uses chemicals, distillates, or isolates. Also, it is important to consider how the cannabis was sourced before it was made into a product and whether it has been tested.
My mother’s arthritis reached the point where she couldn’t function regularly or enjoy a regular routine in life. Then she started taking CBD to fight her pain. The transformation was instant, and the end result is that by taking CBD every day, her pain was reduced and she was able to function better. She currently uses Papa & Barkley CBD balm and tincture and they have made all the difference. If you or a loved one is suffering from pain due to arthritis, it may be time to try CBD. I recommend checking out Papa & Barkley’s CBD products. For those in California, try Papa & Barkley’s Releaf line of products.
Ready for Pain Relief?
Want to Learn More?
- ‘Arthritis Facts’ https://www.arthritis.org/about-arthritis/understanding-arthritis/arthritis-statistics-facts.php
- ‘Cannabinoid Delivery Systems for Pain and Inflammation Treatment’ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6222489/
- ‘Transdermal cannabidiol reduces inflammation and pain-related behaviours in a rat model of arthritis’ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4851925/
- ‘More than half of patients with arthritis report CBD use’ https://www.healio.com/rheumatology/pain-management/news/online/%7B3872ff62-edac-41e1-a85b-4c478f573a48%7D/more-than-half-of-patients-with-arthritis-report-cbd-use
- ‘CBD Oil: Should You Try It for Arthritis Symptoms?’ https://www.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/treatments/natural/supplements-herbs/cannabidiol-oil.php
- ‘Can CBD oil relieve arthritis pain?’ https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319796.php
- ‘Does CBD Oil Really Help Treat Arthritis Pain?’ https://www.rheumatoidarthritis.org/cbd-oil/
- ‘Natural Relief From Arthritis Pain’ https://www.healthline.com/health/osteoarthritis/arthritis-natural-relief